Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

sorry to jump in on your topic but i need help .I've looked on line and cant find any info . now the problem could some one help me my oegb are not hatching out eggs are fertile I'm  hatching other breeds with no issues . jest wandering if their is something that I need to add to feed are something .

What humidity are you running with your incubator? I've found that mine need a little higher humidity. I've had the same problems the eggs are fertile but they die around the 2nd week or so. We tried a humidity level about 5-10 percent more than we had previous and had a better hatch maybe try that...! My hens have always hatched better than I have so I've left it to them at this point.

Thanks for your reply I'm running about 45/ 50 and on the last five 65/75 . I've been showing them and they are winning but I can't hatch any to work on my blood line .

I know. Just a little bored while I'm waiting on finding a LB rooster just a little bit more closer to me.

You could also use a Brown Red. Many people breed the 2 together. I have done so with large fowl Old english & it worked out very well. You'll get offspring of both varieties.

heres one of the boys
1236185_467684263330751_399038805_n.jpg

Thanks for your reply I'm running about 45/ 50 and on the last five 65/75 . I've been showing them and they are winning but I can't hatch any to work on my blood line .

i find on my OEGB's that i need to run the protein higher, roosters up to 20% in the most active seasons. dont know if that helps, but a suggestion.

i find on my OEGB's that i need to run the protein higher, roosters up to 20% in the most active seasons.  dont know if that helps, but a suggestion.
I'm feeding high protein feed I'm going try hatching some more in the next week are two . I'll keep y'all informed on how it goes thanks for the tips .

Last edited:
Mottled bird's feathers end in a white "v" and the rest of the feather is one color. While a spangled bird's feather has a white tip and then has a black bar under the white tip.

Back
Top Bottom