Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

here is my crele

Thanks BGMatt for the scoop on the West Coast shows. Stockton's only a 2-3 hours each way- that show could be a possibility. Further south starts to get too far away when traveling with birds I think. I wouldn't dare trust our PO to be timely enough to safely purchase adults or juveniles via mail- overnight mail we've had take 3 days before. Guessing we would have to have eggs or one day old chicks sent to the nearest sorting center, which is an hour away...still could be a gamble though. Thanks so much!

Thanks BGMatt for the scoop on the West Coast shows. Stockton's only a 2-3 hours each way- that show could be a possibility. Further south starts to get too far away when traveling with birds I think. I wouldn't dare trust our PO to be timely enough to safely purchase adults or juveniles via mail- overnight mail we've had take 3 days before. Guessing we would have to have eggs or one day old chicks sent to the nearest sorting center, which is an hour away...still could be a gamble though. Thanks so much!

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with eggs or chicks in that type of situation. I also live in a rural town, I have birds held at the town's PO (forcibly actually, I have them shipped to a PO Box), and it works very well. Usually 2 day transit time. But if you're that close to Stockton I'd attend that show, I'm envious. It's a 10 hour drive for me, but think I'll skip this year unless I find a traveling partner. The passes can truly suck that time of year even with 4x4.

bgmatt - not so long ago we talked about there not being a silver penciled OEGB. i have seen "penciling" in some silver duckwing hens that seems to fade/spread out as they get older- could those be selected for creation, and maybe bred to a laced pattern to help the lines?
i know its off the subject, but i was thinking about this a couple days ago LOL.

bgmatt - not so long ago we talked about there not being a silver penciled OEGB. i have seen "penciling" in some silver duckwing hens that seems to fade/spread out as they get older- could those be selected for creation, and maybe bred to a laced pattern to help the lines?
i know its off the subject, but i was thinking about this a couple days ago LOL.

Afraid I don't know enough about genetics to answer that...although I'd imagine if you took those hens and bred them to say a silver pencilled plymouth rock bantam (should be able to get a small more gamey looking cull from a breeder maybe) it'd be a place to start.

Back
Top Bottom