Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hello from Brooksville, Florida! Just going to jump right into this one. We currently have two old English game bantams. One is a male, born in April with the 'original' flock. The other is only about a month old, and since we purchased this one straight run, we won't know the sex for a while, but we're inclined to believe it's a female.

The aforementioned male is one of our favorites. We were told he's a red pyle, which I could believe, but he is mostly white. He came straight run from ideal poultry, so he certainly isn't show quality, but in our eyes he will always be perfect.

His name is Dixie, and he is our alpha male. We really do love him. He makes for one of the best guardchickens there is, even if he may seem a bit twitchy. He's got a great personality, and his hens are his favorite things in the entire world. He's a total spaz!!! A true gentlemen, he digs up all the yummy treats and calls his girls over. It's quite a trip to watch this small, small guy tucked under the wing of one of his behemoth girlfriends. Well, I guess for hens and roosters-size doesn't matter! ; P

But in all reality, he is one of our top favorites and can't wait to see the other one grow!

A relative we recently visited offered to give dh two oegb's- dh said he didn't need more chickens. Too bad I wasn't out there! I have many breeds of chickens, dh has nothing to do with my chickens and is tired of hearing about them but will give compliments when discussing chickens:) Again a reputation preceded oegb so I said I didn't want birds that would fight me and never had an interest in them....until now! As harsh as dh can be sometimes about my creatures he also has another side and reminded me that oegb act based on how they are raised so I may do a bit of trading. Thanks BYCers for enforcing what dh said!:)

Back
Top Bottom