Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hi everyone! New to this thread. I went to TSC this weekend and picked up these bantams. I believe they are OEGB. I do not know anything about the breed so I hope learn more about this breed.

How are they as a breed?

Now if the back dorsal coloring holds true(Can you truly sex them by the dorsal coloring?). I believe I have 2 pullets and 1 cockreal(the one on the back right side).

Can you tell what color they will be by the wing feather that is coming out? 1 has brown feather with little black dot all over it. 1 is greyish white with little black dots all over it. 1 has almost solid darkgrey/black wing feathers. Just curious what they will look like as adult bird. If nothing else, I will find out in a few weeks.

Are they grey based or red based? They look just like my dorking chick coloration at hatch, so if they are reddish brown, the the color is just your basic black breasted red (red duckwing).If coloring is grey/black based, they are probably silver grey colored Old English :)

Could I receive a critique on my pair of red pyle OEGB? I'm wondering how close they are to the standard (I'm not expecting show quality). Some of the pictures are older. Are their legs the correct color? And is the hen's comb correct? If it isn't, will breeding with the cockerel produce correct combs? What is the correct color of a red pyle hen? I feel mine is way off.

Here are some more body shots of the hen:

They are not Old English Game. Just mixes. The hen has wrong comb and entirely wrong coloration for a red pyle. Male type is incorrect and again coloration all wrong for red pyle. Both have wrong leg color for Old English Game.

They do however look healthy, in good condition and well cared for.

They are not Old English Game. Just mixes. The hen has wrong comb and entirely wrong coloration for a red pyle. Male type is incorrect and again coloration all wrong for red pyle. Both have wrong leg color for Old English Game.

They do however look healthy, in good condition and well cared for.
X2.

These are photos of red pyle OEGB's I pulled off the internet.

Back
Top Bottom