Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Miele Grey? Never heard of them, tried google and it came up with vacuums.

One of my Miele Grey Hens sitting.

I don't think so. You'd probably get something washed out or barred. Lemon Blue is a splash over a brown red. You can also cross lemon blue to brown red and get 50/50 I believe. If you breed straight from splash to brown red, the blue will be a little light. That's why a lot of people use sport lemon blue over brown red or vice versa. Lemon blue over lemon blue might result in 50/50, also. I'm not quite so sure about that crossing.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get a Lemon Blue out of a Crele to a Blue breeding?
I checked the color calculator and what you get will depend on which way the breeding goes. A Crele rooster over a Blue hen will yield barred birds which will probably have some red leakage, about half will be blue barred and half black barred. I don't think they will be correctly colored to be considered Crele or Barred. If you go with a Blue rooster over a Crele hen then the F1 generation will be sex-links. Males will be black or blue barred and females will be solid black or blue, both likely with red leakage.

If you breed straight from splash to brown red, the blue will be a little light.

What does breeding a solid-colored bird to a Brown Red do to the hackle color in their chicks?

I checked the color calculator and what you get will depend on which way the breeding goes. A Crele rooster over a Blue hen will yield barred birds which will probably have some red leakage, about half will be blue barred and half black barred. I don't think they will be correctly colored to be considered Crele or Barred. If you go with a Blue rooster over a Crele hen then the F1 generation will be sex-links. Males will be black or blue barred and females will be solid black or blue, both likely with red leakage.

What does breeding a solid-colored bird to a Brown Red do to the hackle color in their chicks?

I'm saying that the blue in the f1 offspring will be lighter than you would probably like, so you might would want to breed them back to the brown red, then you'll get 50/50 on lb and br.

I'm saying that the blue in the f1 offspring will be lighter than you would probably like, so you might would want to breed them back to the brown red, then you'll get 50/50 on lb and br.

I understand what you are saying about the blue color. I was just wondering what happens with the hackles in the F1 chicks since one of the parents is solid-colored. Not a big deal - just curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom