Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Then its likely the black hen is carry's silver for hackle and saddle just covered up with black. Breed him back to her and get you a nice line of Birchen going.
That's exactly what I want to do! She's a bit old though, hopefully she'll breed at least once more and I'll get some hens. I love the color. I also ordered those whites and red pyles from the mainland us, start breeding those. What do you think I can get from a silver duckwing hen and a bbred rooster?

That's exactly what I want to do! She's a bit old though, hopefully she'll breed at least once more and I'll get some hens. I love the color. I also ordered those whites and red pyles from the mainland us, start breeding those. What do you think I can get from a silver duckwing hen and a bbred rooster?

BB Red over SDW will result in Golden Duckwing cockerels, and BB Red pullets.
If you have a hard time getting a line of Birchen going or if you are really interested in a good male line I plan to let two Silver Blue cock line cockerels and one Birchen male line cockerel go quite soon. I have a few pullets that could be use to make pairs, These are only cock line, decent cockerels but turn to good cocks,

Last edited:
BB Red over SDW will result in Golden Duckwing cockerels, and BB Red pullets.
 If you have a hard time getting a line of Birchen going or if you are really interested in a good male line I plan to let two Silver Blue cock line cockerels and one Birchen male line cockerel go quite soon. I have a few pullets that could be use to make pairs, These are only cock line, decent cockerels but turn to good cocks,
Well if only you were in Hawaii lol

My oegb's

This is a photo of a Ginger hen, who went broody this spring and had a chick. Though not very original, we also named her Ginger. I just love OEGB's. Best to all and your birds, RJ
I also have Ginger red oegbs they are the best :) thats cool.

Thought I'd post a pic of Lloyd here, he is a rescued Oegb cross you can tell he still needs to fatten up a bit. At the moment he is having a hard time with my standard hens my barnevelder flattened him while they were all free ranging and I had to put him back in his pen. He is the only roo in my flock I have 6 hens of mix breeds makes me wonder if he will be able to handle the girls. He is a very placid and sweet boy

Back
Top Bottom