Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

My daughter is getting ready to 4H showmanship wither her OEGB....However we can not find a list of Dq's for the breed, other than the Standard of perfection that mentions the dubbing. The judge usually asks what are the disqualifications for your breed.....Nice to know what applies to the breed not just generic ones.

Anyone know of any ?

Thank you

Why is it so hard to hatch their eggs?!? She usually lays 1 or 2 per week then AFTER I stop collecting to incubate she lays 5 in one week
1f600.png
3 attempts to hatch a few of their eggs- broody smashed, broody quit, fully develop in bator but die at 60% humidity lockdown. I think I'll leave her eggs for the next few weeks to see if SHE will brood them. Gorgeous pics of everyone's birds!

Why is it so hard to hatch their eggs?!? She usually lays 1 or 2 per week then AFTER I stop collecting to incubate she lays 5 in one week
1f600.png
3 attempts to hatch a few of their eggs- broody smashed, broody quit, fully develop in bator but die at 60% humidity lockdown. I think I'll leave her eggs for the next few weeks to see if SHE will brood them. Gorgeous pics of everyone's birds!

Usually it would be better if you had two or more hens because that way the quantity of eggs produced by week would be higher and the hen would encourage faster to go broody, but if you only have one hen then the only thing you can do is wait till she has about 6 or more eggs and hopefully she will go broody and probably will hatch all eggs, now keep in mind that oegbs are great brooders and mothers.

Last edited:
Hey does anybody know what i can do, I want my red pyles to have a darker red in the hackle and saddle area, I'm wondering if I can breed another color in there that would accomplish that or if I would have to find some darker red pyles to breed with

Hey does anybody know what i can do, I want my red pyles to have a darker red in the hackle and saddle area, I'm wondering if I can breed another color in there that would accomplish that or if I would have to find some darker red pyles to breed with

I *think* you can breed to BBR from what I've read...

Back
Top Bottom