Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I live in northern Utah, I am looking for OEGB breeders in and or around my area. It seems that there is a dearth or folks with 'nice' birds. I have an interest in several variates, but can not find a reputable breeder of any breed. I would even drive a fair distance to see, view and purchase some good birds.

If you kind folks here can point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful for the help.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Anyone interested in a trio of Old English game bantams?

They were a project of mine (attempting to breed toward cuckoo), but unfortunately, I no longer have the space for them. The rooster is the sweetest thing toward people, I chose to keep him especially for that trait, but fiercely protective of his hens, who are sweet, and quite docile.

I'm hoping they go to someone who will enjoy them, which is why I am posting them here, as well as CL.

I am asking $30 for the trio. Please PM me, but ONLY if you live in CALIFORNIA. I cannot ship.
smile.png

00s0s_dZPjjdFPeF6_600x450.jpg
00v0v_7AWApM0rcdE_600x450.jpg
00z0z_iFm9LVUroOl_600x450.jpg

SilkiesForEver: I would take them in a heartbeat, but alas I am stuck in Utah. Beautiful birds and I like the feathering style. I am sure you will find a suitable home for them.

My OEGB SDW was out for a morning stroll this a.m.

A time of plenty for the birds,

RJ

SilkiesForEver: I would take them in a heartbeat, but alas I am stuck in Utah. Beautiful birds and I like the feathering style. I am sure you will find a suitable home for them.

My OEGB SDW was out for a morning stroll this a.m.

A time of plenty for the birds,

RJ
Darn! I wish I could ship, I'd love them to go to someone who knows what they're doing, but I'm just not NPIP certified.
hmm.png

Your bird is beautiful!

Greetings and Salutations from Vancouver Isl. Canada.
I recently responded to an ad for free bantams from a fellow who was in trouble with the local bylaw officers. I got them home, built them their own tractor their size and now they own my front yard and my heart. I posted pics on BYC What Breed Or Gender and told they were either OEG or OEG mix. I've be looking through the pics and comments on this thread and I've seen a few that seem close but not. Got lost trying to follow some of the conversations but without spending more study time I will be lost for a while.
Anyway, the fellow I got them from he was gifted them by a girl who was moving and couldn't take them with her.

Dudley is a perfect gentleman, not easy to catch but will come to eat from my hand.

Minnie is the largest of the three, only a bit bigger than Dudley and seems to be the dominant of the two hens.

And the hen in front is Winnie, definitely smaller than the other two, but she's the explorer, she tries things first and if okay Minnie moves in. She is also the friendlier of the three.

She is also the most difficult to get a good picture of as she almost never stops moving.The two hens don't seem to be the same.

Dudley looks as though hackles and saddle are crele and seems like a light barring on his tail feathers.
So newby questions: What are they? How old do you think they are? To breed or just enjoy?

Greetings and Salutations from Vancouver Isl. Canada.
I recently responded to an ad for free bantams from a fellow who was in trouble with the local bylaw officers. I got them home, built them their own tractor their size and now they own my front yard and my heart. I posted pics on BYC What Breed Or Gender and told they were either OEG or OEG mix. I've be looking through the pics and comments on this thread and I've seen a few that seem close but not. Got lost trying to follow some of the conversations but without spending more study time I will be lost for a while.
Anyway, the fellow I got them from he was gifted them by a girl who was moving and couldn't take them with her.

Dudley is a perfect gentleman, not easy to catch but will come to eat from my hand.

Minnie is the largest of the three, only a bit bigger than Dudley and seems to be the dominant of the two hens.

And the hen in front is Winnie, definitely smaller than the other two, but she's the explorer, she tries things first and if okay Minnie moves in. She is also the friendlier of the three.

She is also the most difficult to get a good picture of as she almost never stops moving.The two hens don't seem to be the same.

Dudley looks as though hackles and saddle are crele and seems like a light barring on his tail feathers.
So newby questions: What are they? How old do you think they are? To breed or just enjoy?
Very pretty little birds.
I don't know a whole lot about the colors and crosses but they look like maybe a blue red cross with crele? Or maybe blue red with barred? Or possibly lemon blue crosses? Probably not an established color but I think I would hatch some of their eggs just to see if they remain true, though if there is blue in their background you will get blacks and splashes also. (I don't think I will ever figure out the blue gene).
I might even have to buy some eggs from you in spring if you would be willing to ship them.

Back
Top Bottom