Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Being a OEGB thread, I'm sure everyone here has experience with OEGB chicks? I need your HELP!

I have two OEGB chicks, approx 2 months old. They are both crowing??
ep.gif

Do I really have two roosters? or is one a pullet, just imitating her dude? Here are pics of both...

#1 George: I'm certain he's a roo.

IMG_1814004.jpg

#2 Tammi: This is the one in question. I really hope its a "she"

IMG_1815005.jpg

IMG_1816006.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:
The second one looks like a Pullet.

So guys i have a question! Is there any breeders that have Buff OEGBs?

And also, is dubbing something i can do myself or should i ask a breeder to do it?

They definitely look like little cockerels to me, a pullet's comb almost never gets that big, even as an adult.

Does anyone have any ideas about my feather-legged OEGB chick?
smile.png

I was looking at more pictures today, of the two together, from the front view, that my kids snapped. Both have big wide black breasts, and granted, the one is question is a week or two younger.....

Unfortunately, I think I may have to concede that my little "Tammi" is most likely a "Tommy".
th.gif
I was really hoping that we had a nice M/F pair.

Hmm. Now what to do?? Love them both.

Quote:
I remember seeing the pair, they were nice. All i could say is it could be something that was bred way back and just showed up, it could be a mutation of a gene, just like how silkies showed up in that EE breed ( i can't ever spell the name right). I dont know alot about genetics but that is what i would think caused it. Wait and see what it's like when it grows up.

Back
Top Bottom