Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
that looks like a blue old english to me. A lot of straight blues will get a little rust color in their hackles and saddle, its a fault but pretty common...he doesnt show the 'brass' color you need to see in a blue brassy....you also want to watch out for the white earlobes....

Quote:
Looks like a Blue Golden Duckwing Pair...

349.jpg

413.jpg

Let me get a better picture. His body is all in shadows. I think he earlobes are more pink. I'll get one in better light tomorrow. I'd love to see what I have. Thanks!!

Quote:

Ok, Here is a better picture. He was sold to me as a Blue Brassy Back OEBG Roo. Does he look like something else. This picture is a little better than the last. His earlobes are pink. I'd love your thoughts.

57573_untitled_15_0_00_19-03.jpg

if he is a blue brassy he is a very poorly colored one, sorry to tell ya...they are supposed to have 'brass' hackles, saddle, and wing bay with the wingbow being a slighty darker brassy color. Here is a blue brassy, that if his hackles, saddle and wingbay was a touch darker, he would be just about right....
Original_Blue_Brassy_Cock.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, well, I don't really mind. I appreciate the information though. I had fallen in love with a banty OEGB Roo at a rescue my kids and I worked at this summer. What a personality in that guy! We're not breeding or showing and still get all the personality. The guy I got him from was questionable... I only spent $15 and he was covered from head to toe with red fowl mites.

I basically wanted some more character in the yard, a little crow in the morning, noon, and night..., and someone who wouldn't beat up on my gals. So far, so good. I do love to see everyone pictures of beautiful birds though on this post.

I am now dreaming of a silver duckwing pullet... Aaaahhhh....they are so beautiful. Are they docile? Do they fly much? How would she fare with the full size flock? Would LaRue rape her day and night since he's not getting anything from the big girls?

Most bantam OE can fly very well, several of mine roost at least 40' up in a cedar tree. They can fly good distances as well, I had one fly from the barn to the cedar tree roost one day...the barn is a good 40-50 feet from the tree, then it was another 40' up the tree. She only landed when she got to the roosting spot
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom