Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
I hatched some OEGB chicks from Soggy Bottom Farm this week. I think Soggy is on vacation or something. I haven't seen them online. So, I'll ask you all my questions.

I hatched several Spangled chicks. Is this lighter colored one a Spangled, also or something else?

12477_two_chip_chicks.jpg

In this pic you can see two white and brown "chipmunk" chicks. Are these both Fawn Silver chicks? I'm pretty sure they are. Just want to be sure.
12477_oegb_chicks.jpg

Breeding Question.....

Can I use any other color (other than BB Red) hen with my BB Red roo, and get an accepted color offspring?

Reason I'm asking... I have my OEGB in pairs, and in one of my pairs, the hen is getting over-mated. I need to put some more girls in there to give her some relief. I tried separating the two, but the hen was unhappy, and kept trying to escape and run back, and the roo was unhappy... so I put them back together again. I had a heckuva time finding a good BB Red hen last time I searched, and I was hoping if there were other colors that would work, I might have better luck searching with a few more options.

So,.. any ideas?

Quote:
i would get another hen that is a complete different color... that way when the chicks hatch, you know what is what... get him like a white hen or something... or something with feathered feet..?

edit: it will be easier that way than just getting another accepted color... or you can get a blue BBRED hen, or even splash...

Last edited:
Looking for an Old English Game Bantam Rooster, Spangled variety for my son. We live near Canton, Ohio and I am willing to drive a bit for one. Please PM me if you have one that you are looking to sell or rehome. Thank you very much.

I know where there are some good columbians in okla and louisiana....columbians are hard to find, good columbians are VERY hard to find

Back
Top Bottom