Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
I'll do what I can from a distance, I am always less concerned with color than type but color does come into play in breeder selection. If you post pics provide something common for a size reference from side and front views. A 12 Oz. soda can, can of vegetables etc. something common we can all relate to. You shoul dknow I like single mated lines with very good females.

Quote:
Now you know why I only keep Massey Brassy's. they are very nice and the genetic potential is there for even better.

And THAT is why Im looking forward to this winter
smile.png

Quote:
I'll do what I can from a distance, I am always less concerned with color than type but color does come into play in breeder selection. If you post pics provide something common for a size reference from side and front views. A 12 Oz. soda can, can of vegetables etc. something common we can all relate to. You shoul dknow I like single mated lines with very good females.

Anything is appreciated! im going to put them in a show cage, is that good enough for a size refrence?

does any one know what color this orgb rooster is i have had him for 2 years since he was 4 weeks old he is pretty agressive with sertan people don't mind his tail he just finishing molting
57622_iyuiui.jpg

Quote:
He is Golden(S/s+) and Blue (Bl/bl)..... but I just can't tell if he is Brichen Based(E^R) or WildType(e+)... do you have more pics of him?

yeah here are some other pics of him with his full tail
57622_161.jpg
57622_160.jpg
57622_061.jpg
57622_012.jpg

Quote:
He is Golden(S/s+) and Blue (Bl/bl)..... but I just can't tell if he is Brichen Based(E^R) or WildType(e+)... do you have more pics of him?

He is a Blue Golden Duckwing, he is not a Birchen based bird since he has a Wing Bay present, no apparent pigment to comb or earlobe or wattles, and a light eye, However he has dark legs which is a defect for the variety.

Last edited:
Quote:

Anything is appreciated! im going to put them in a show cage, is that good enough for a size refrence?

Show cages vary somewhat based on manufacturer, 12 Oz. soda cans are always 12 Oz. soda cans. if you have soda that would be great if not use a can of green beans, peas etc. what ever is in the cabinet.
Will need a front shot to show breast width and depth, and color. A shot of each side to demonstrate length of back and wing carriage, one top view of back, one with each wing spread and the under side of the tail feathers. Then a good general photo in the show cage with a size reference.

Quote:

He is a Blue Golden Duckwing, he is not a Birchen based bird since he has a Wing Bay present,

His wing triangle color is tricky.... First time I see one so melanized...but the later pics helps alot...

Back
Top Bottom