Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
I have never had a band do that, are they spirals or seamless? I also have not used black bands, i like light colors yellow, pink, etc for light legged birds and red or dark blue for slate and black legged birds.
If its from the band you might try some laundry soap.
If the scales aren't old or loose then do not pull them.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. (Got the legs better but not great.) Our crele pullet won her class and also got RV. We had alot of competion from about 4 different sources. Another one of ours was 2nd in her pullet class. All the birds, compared to others, look really clean and well groomed.
My son got to watch the judge go over our creles and was very focused on what he was doing. He loved it. He looked at me real fast and smiled when he wrote 1st and 2nd on his cards.
big_smile.png
So proud and very thankful for your help.

Hey Carl.... I lost my Opal Cock from Ron.I have no idea what happened.No sickness (had them checked),no attack (in pen,no signs). Just found him in the afternoon layed out with his wings out beside him.Just a couple weeks ago,a cool day.Under a tree,so also plenty of shade
hu.gif
.Now I have a hen finally laying and no roo
hit.gif
.Figures my luck. Them and the Golden barred project were the only bantams I kept.

No I have a lot going on around here the next couple of months. Won't be don't any traveling. It was a couple of weeks now and she just started laying decently the last few days. Figures...lol. I've had them almost a year and got maybe 2 dozen eggs off the 2 hens together,and now I've gotten 4 in less than a week.Go figure
barnie.gif
I haven't been picking any eggs for hatching right now so I just put the hens in with the other bantams for now to reduce cage space. Maybe I should have done that a while back.Maybe they needed a "seasoned" hen to show em what to do...lol... Oh well...

Quote:
I have 1 cockrell I will give you, just pay shipping, or pick him up.. he is far from a bad bird.. and yet nothing like what you got from ron either. if you are interested give me a call. I have in a test mating pen at the moment to confirm he is fertile,
here is his back ground, he is a result of type improvement using the Rec. Whites, that was 3 generations back. he was one of the back cross results with good color, not real dark but nice and even.
If you are interested I will get you some pics. just let me know.

Quote:
I have 1 cockrell I will give you, just pay shipping, or pick him up.. he is far from a bad bird.. and yet nothing like what you got from ron either. if you are interested give me a call. I have in a test mating pen at the moment to confirm he is fertile,
here is his back ground, he is a result of type improvement using the Rec. Whites, that was 3 generations back. he was one of the back cross results with good color, not real dark but nice and even.
If you are interested I will get you some pics. just let me know.

Can you post some pics please...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom