Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Here is one of my year old Brown/red's
92896_2011_old_english_011.jpg

The birds did not like being out side in the wind, so not the best of pictures.
92896_2011_old_english_014.jpg

here are the blue/red pullets, again pictures may not show you what you want to see.
92896_2011_old_english_006.jpg

92896_2011_old_english_002.jpg

This pullet is a lot younger than the other two.
92896_2011_old_english_012.jpg

92896_2011_old_english_013.jpg

Third blue/red cockerel.
92896_2011_old_english_010.jpg

92896_2011_old_english_001.jpg

Quote:
Both of those Blue red pullets need to be mated to a BB Red male, the lighter one, nearly white, is what is often reffered to as a sport, and is missing all the pattern of teh Bb red red hen she needs. The other is a nice blue with deep breast color, but also lacking pattern and proper color for body feather. The two of them mated back to a BB red male should improve what you have considerably.

Quote:
It is very difficult to tell from the photos posted.

Below are hard hen line Blue Wheatons.
30249_sany0784.jpg

30249_sany0793.jpg

Notice the male is not much larger than the females, has excess breast, and high well spread tail, and very short leg, and very short back. these are common traits in female line breeder birds.

I have two ginger red pullets. I don't have a cockerell I can put them with. I wasn't going to raise any of them due to the fact that I feel like I need to limit my varieties, but darn it, these girls are so sweet and pretty.
love.gif
I'm thinking I need to get a really nice cockerell somewhere to put with them.

I'm going hunting in the morning, but maybe later tomorrow I can post some pictures of them and you guys can tell me what you think, or maybe someone even has an extra nice cockerell they would part with.
fl.gif

Those are some gorgeous blue wheatens!

Nice tractor, too! I have one chicken tractor. It is made completely from salvaged material. I'm kind of proud of it. The top is a piece of our old trampoline that blew away like a frizbie in a windstorm!

smile.png
Guess I had better get busy and find me a very nice BB/red cock bird. Would like to get some chicks going from these pullets, sounds like I have a lot of work ahead of me to get the proper color pattern. I have 2 bb/red pullets from the crosses of last summer. They will be a brother sister cross, or I could mate them back to their sire....

smile.png
Ivy, those pullets will be a hen line, I do know that. I was going to Hutch, but I decided not to. I feel my time will be better spent here at home. Need to locate a bb/red male.

Back
Top Bottom