Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
It is a defect.. you will know when you see Purple.. but the nice part is in teh florescent lights used in teh show barns you will never see it, only in the sun. If you notice the purple sheen reduce the amount of corn in teh diet it is often just corn oil..

Ok, thanks, I was just wondering what all you can get from them which I probably won't ever show them just play around with yard birds. I also want to try and find some ko shamos but have no idea where to start here in northwest north carolina.

Quote:
Old-Cowboy in the Okies thread has some.. Good Shamo or KO Shamo will not be cheap but are worth working with. Shipping is likely your only option if you want KO shamo. Talk to Cowboy... he's a good guy.

Quote:
No. Ko shamo are a true bantam, they don't have a large counterpart, and they are quite different in type than shamos.

Oh, ok thanks. I had thought about crossing a ko or bantam shamo with an oegb just to see what the off spring would look like, just be something different in the yard and might handle cold better.

Back
Top Bottom