Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I just got my first OE's tonight. They wern't the colors I was after but I was eager to get birds again. They were nice looking birds and trhe color should sell well plus I got them at a pretty resonable price so... I brought them home. I wanted a spangled roo and 2 crele hens for a sex-link project but I came home with a Red Millie Roo, a Dark Millie Hen and a Spangled Hen. He said they're laying now but I won't be hatching anything for a month because the colors were mixed up and I need a part for my bator anyway. I'll probably sell these off in a few months for the colors I want but I'll sell a few chicks and eggs first. I'll try to take some pics of them tomarrow.

This my son's favorite bird. I trimmed him a few days ago. I wish he was darker. Seems like the pic got compressed a little. Its gonna take some getting used to the new platform.

Last edited:
What color would you say this rooster is? I know it's not the best picture but its the best I have on hand. This first picture doesn't look quite right. He's neck is more golden than yellow, he has streak of gold and "amber" through his back and his tail has a green sheen to it.

Last edited:
I just got my first OE's tonight. They wern't the colors I was after but I was eager to get birds again. They were nice looking birds and trhe color should sell well plus I got them at a pretty resonable price so... I brought them home. I wanted a spangled roo and 2 crele hens for a sex-link project but I came home with a Red Millie Roo, a Dark Millie Hen and a Spangled Hen. He said they're laying now but I won't be hatching anything for a month because the colors were mixed up and I need a part for my bator anyway. I'll probably sell these off in a few months for the colors I want but I'll sell a few chicks and eggs first. I'll try to take some pics of them tomarrow.

I wish you lived near me, I've been looking for a mille roo for about a year and a half now. I did finally hook up with a guy that has blue milles (which is even better) but no extra roos. I'll most likely be getting some eggs from him this spring so maybe by fall I'll have a nice roo.
fl.gif

Here's my OE trio I bought yesterday. My red millie cock, then in the second pic my spangled hen on the left and my dark mille hen on the right. My buddy that sold them to me said they should throw both millie and spangled. When I get the leg mites cleared up and they start laying again in a month or so I'm going to try to set 18 eggs for chicks to sell, sell some hatching eggs and then sell them off and buy my Spangled/Crele sex-link project trio.

What color would you say this rooster is? I know it's not the best picture but its the best I have on hand. This first picture doesn't look quite right. He's neck is more golden than yellow, he has streak of gold and "amber" through his back and his tail has a green sheen to it.
ir
ir
He is a brown red.

Back
Top Bottom