Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Don't worry about it to much. Its a long term project.
caf.gif

True. The reason I wanted these chicks is because my all time favorite chicken was this Silver Duckwing OEGB. Nothing exciting to look at, and she was a hatchery chick, but loaded with personality! If any of these creles have a similar personality I'll be thrilled. Pretty to look at is really secondary for me. Perfection is not at all required!

Looking for some nice OEGBs. Colors I'm interested in are: Spangled, Millie Fleur, Crele, and other colors. Would anyone be interested in an egg swap? I can swap Seramas, Bantam Lavender Cochins, Bantam Lavender Ameraucanas, Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, Light and Coronation Sussex, Button Quail eggs, and will have some Guinea eggs soon. Can also offer EEs and OEs. If interested in a swap please PM me. Thanks so much

~ Aspen

I have some very nice Brassy Back, and Female line Blue weaton both of which are proven breeders of very good showable, and very competitive birds. I plan to eliminate both varities this year. I'm 20 minutes east of OKC if you are ever this way and would be interested in the breeders, I have not been setting or hatching from them as of yet, been too busy working on what I really want and need in other varietiesI could send a week or two worth of eggs for a very niminal fee to cover packaging and shiping if you would like but am not interested in a swap.

Last edited:
Hey Cjarvis, do you have any pictures of your silver blues? I just noticed this breed and was wondering what they looked like. Thanks!

My breeders need to molt as they are starting to look rough from the breeding season, but you can imagine this in Blue instead of black.

So, is it Birchen in its development? I know blues have weird genetics (I just can't seem to get a handle on it), what do you get if you breed a silver blue with another silver blue?

True. The reason I wanted these chicks is because my all time favorite chicken was this Silver Duckwing OEGB. Nothing exciting to look at, and she was a hatchery chick, but loaded with personality! If any of these creles have a similar personality I'll be thrilled. Pretty to look at is really secondary for me. Perfection is not at all required!

My SDOE's are a hoot! They are the most aggressive eaters I've ever owned. They throw their food EVERYWHERE!
The sweetest chicken I've ever had was an OEGB ginger red hen. My sister hatched her, and I ended up with her and no rooster to go with her. I recently gave her to a 7 year old girl with a severe handicap as a "therapy chicken." I think I am going to have my sister hatch some of her brown-reds for me this year. We've got some swappin' to do!

Cjarvis-hmmm.... maybe I could talk you out of some of those brassyback eggs? Not yet, though. I am going into the hospital Monday for a total knee replacement so I have suspended a lot of my hatching activities for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom