Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

My guess would be that they are Black Breasted Reds and they are probably about two or three weeks old. This is just my opinion though, someone else may see something different here.

Wrong leg colour for BB Reds.

The parents looked just like the BB Red pictures I've seen and are from hatchery stock..could this be a reason for the wrong leg color?

The parents looked just like the BB Red pictures I've seen and are from hatchery stock..could this be a reason for the wrong leg color?

Another reason could be that they're Light Brown Leghorn Bantams which are the same colour pattern as BB Red Old English. Do the parents have white ear lobes by any chance?

Another reason could be that they're Light Brown Leghorn Bantams which are the same colour pattern as BB Red Old English. Do the parents have white ear lobes by any chance?
I thought white earlobes would be an indication of a Dutch bantam?

My guess would be that they are Black Breasted Reds and they are probably about two or three weeks old. This is just my opinion though, someone else may see something different here.

Wrong leg colour for BB Reds.

Your right. Hatcheries don't care about leg color.

Another reason could be that they're Light Brown Leghorn Bantams which are the same colour pattern as BB Red Old English. Do the parents have white ear lobes by any chance?

I thought white earlobes would be an indication of a Dutch bantam?
Didn't notice the earlobe color of the parents, sorry! Guess we'll wait to see what they feather out to be like.
hmm.png

Didn't notice the earlobe color of the parents, sorry! Guess we'll wait to see what they feather out to be like.
hmm.png

I hope you can figure out what they are soon.

In other news I hatched 5 eggs out of the few remaining OEGBs I had and I think they are going to be neat colored. Anyway, they are out of a mixed flock of purebred birds which consisted of a Ginger Red rooster, a Lavender rooster, and a Silver Campine patterened rooster and a Ginger Red hen, a Red Pyle hen, and a Blue Brassy Back hen. Here are the little cuties at about a week old:

Back
Top Bottom