Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Does anyone breed the Gold Neck variety? Do you have pictures of your birds?

For the experts (or those who happen to know):

Are Gold Necks genetically Splash Mille Fleur or Dominant White Mille Fleur... or something else altogether?

Does anyone breed the Gold Neck variety? Do you have pictures of your birds?

For the experts (or those who happen to know):

Are Gold Necks genetically Splash Mille Fleur or Dominant White Mille Fleur... or something else altogether?
in d'uccle i have seen them called splash mille fleur but most consider it its own color though.

I can't find the spot right now but somewhere I read that to get porcelain you cross mille fleur with lavender. Is this correct and is lavender the same as self blue?
self blue is the offical SOP name but most do call it lavender (the 2 are interchangable). the other part i'm not sure about.

I can't find the spot right now but somewhere I read that to get porcelain you cross mille fleur with lavender. Is this correct and is lavender the same as self blue?

Yes, a Porcelain is just a Self Blue or "Lavender" Mille Fleur. Here is the explaination of the Porcelain color and genetics from Ideal Poultry's website:

"Genetically, Porcelain Old English Bantams are the same as Mille Fleur Old English Bantams with the addition of the autosomal recessive Lavendar (lav) gene in the homozygous state (lav lav). The Lavendar (lav) gene in the homozygous state results in the dilution of brown shades to straw colored and black to pale blue. The general color of males and females is the same; although, the straw colored plumage of the females is lighter in some sections. Much of the plumage is straw colored with each feather marked with a crescent-shaped spangle of pale blue near the end of each feather that is tipped with a V-shaped white spangle."

Back
Top Bottom