Hello Back Yard Chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NewHeritageFarm, Sep 26, 2013.

1. NewHeritageFarm

NewHeritageFarm New Egg

Sep 26, 2013
    Hi Guys, I am new to the site, but have used BYC as a resource for years! I am a suburb/city dweller turned farmer! We started with a small flock of 4 hens on our tiny (1/8 acre) city in Wooster Ohio. Our neighbors loved it which was great! We can attest that chickens are a gateway drug and now fast forward 5 years and we moved to a 4 acre farm and have over 80 hens, a Jersey cow and her calf, a horse, 2 dogs and finally Rico our house cat turned farm cat. Oh yes we also have done over 200 Freedom Rangers this year for our freezer and many of our friends and family. We have so many different breeds of chickens I don't even know them all! We have Rhode Island Reds, Araucanas, Buffs, White Rocks, and lots more ( my wife picks them out! )
    I am happily married to my wife of 13 years Angie and we have 4 kids that are living this dream with us! I work in shipping/logistics in the Ag field, and of course spend a lot of time doing chores and chopping wood. We have a goal of starting a breeding flock of meat birds so that we will never have to rely on the post office to deliver us our chicks, and we have has 2 successful hatches since august! I also have a micro-roasting coffee business! I am tired just typing this!

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Welcome from College Station, Texas. I got tired just reading about all you do. We share a small flock with our neighbors. We enjoy them as pets and for their eggs.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by