Hello BYC'-ers!

mandereli

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have found a forum (via an inflight magazine) that inspired me to go out and buy some chickens! Well, it inspired me to beg my boyfriend for chickens, which inspired him to roll his eyes, BUT one day he surprised me with 4 of my very own! He was a more focused on getting me an assortment for my surprise, that he didn't remember what breeds they were (C'mon!), so needless to say, I have 4 different hens, of which I'm trying to figure out in the "breeds" section. Three of them are 1 year, and I also have a 5-6 mo. old Americauna.

Already these forums have been so informative - and I'm certainly thankful to have all these sources at my fingertips, and have needed to check it everytime I've run into a problem.

I just moved to the midwest (Wisconsin) from Boston, and I've figured "when in rome". I'm definitely a farmgirl wannabe at this stage of the game, but hey I've got to start somewhere! There was an old coop on the farm that must have once housed hundreds of chickens, so my measly four are living large in their new "mansion".

I look forward to being a part of the BYC community
big_smile.png

Thanks!
Amanda

welcome-byc.gif
and congrats on the new chickens. Post pictutres when you get enough posts and someone will surely tell you what they are
smile.png

Thank you!

So, you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post photos?

Back
Top Bottom