Hello BYC!!

LoveMyChickens8

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2016
Hello to all! I am happy to be a BYC member. I am new to raising chickens and love it! I have a flock of 18 and I have 7 laying eggs now. I love them! We are averaging 5-6 eggs a day. I have a variety of breeds and egg colors. We usually can only catch the chickens to love on them at night when they are all settled down. We raised them since chicklets. I ran into a tragic circumstance and am looking to find anyone that can foster chickens for two months or any ideas where to find someone that can. We love them so much. I just found out I have four days to move. I didn't know. My landlords/ex friends went through the court process without me knowing. They had their other tenant, my neighbor, check my mail and take the court papers that were sent to me out of my mailbox. I didn't know until the sheriff showed up yesterday to serve me papers that we have to be out in four days. I am scrambling to even get storage and uhual. These people owe me $60,000 and turned on me when I asked for what they owe me. They filed another court date in small claims against me in another county. I wouldn't even have known they filed had a tv show "Hot Bench" not contacted me. They are hoping I never show in court and they win again. They file false service papers. They will be shocked when I actually show this time thanks to the tv show letting me know they filed! These people are so crooked. And they are also the same people that had the idea for us to have chickens. I would raise the chickens and they would buy food and we would split eggs. Now I have four days to find my chickens homes. I have sent two of my children to live with their dad, myself and my baby are going to sleep on a family members floor, my dogs may have to be in my car, six of my chickens are going to a clients house with his chickens until we move into our home in two months. I would like to find someone to foster my other hens. I love them so much and don't want to lose them forever. I can pay for foster, food, bedding, and can come take care of them if needed. If anyone knows of anywhere that does chicken fostering that is not too expensive or wouldn't mind fostering for me please let me know. Thank you so much and thank you for being such a great chicken community! I have gotten all the information I needed along the way to raise our chicken babies! I love BYC!!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

G’Day from down under LoveMyChickens8
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so very sorry that you are going through such an awful time. Is there no way you can file or seek an extension on the notice to vacate? Under the circumstances I would hope that a judge or whoever lords over the process would be understanding that you have to find somewhere for your loved chickens; especially as you did not receive the required amount of notice.

You have not mentioned where you are located but an option could be to try the thread for your area to see if anyone is able to assist or has any suggestions:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

I do so very much hope that you are able to keep your chickens and wish you all the best.

Hello and welcome to BYC - I hope that things improve for you, in the near future.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif

Hope you find a good place to re-home your birds. Good luck to you!

I hope there is a solution to your problem- maybe an attorney who handles farm cases _ I know they exist in some parts of the USA.

Back
Top Bottom