Hello! c:

shaylabailey

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Rhode Island
Hello, I just joined a couple of minutes ago. My name's Shayla, I turned 15 yesterday actually on June 1st. I live in Rhode Island.
I have plenty of pets but my own pets (the one's I'm responsible for and not my family) are my dog Aubrey who is a pitbull/beagle mix who I rescued from the shelter and had been previously abused, my cat Jasper, my guinea pig George, my rat Vladimir, and my two firebelly toads. My mother has a miniature longhaired dachshund and a cat named Tallouse, and my dad's girlfriend has a boxer.
My dad keeps chickens usually but recently we had a problem with a weasel so in order to keep him from further killing the chickens, we had to give them away to a nearby farm. We also have a potbelly pig and I love to keep goats as my own but my two died a while back and I'm goatless at the moment. R.I.P Milo (Alpine/pygmy mix) & Percy (Purebreed Saanen show goat).
Anyway, the reason I joined today is because after school (yes, I'm actually in school right now haha) today I am going to go get some ducks. I plan on getting 4-6 to start out. They're basically my birthday present although It's no surprise, I asked and I've been preparing. We moved the chicken coop/previous goat shed out to our first field close to our stream and we are in the process of digging out a pond for them which we will clean out into the stream about once a week - we have to see how dirty they get it and how wuickly before we can determine that. I'm pretty excited and am looking forward to white crested's, welsh harlequins, and khaki campbells. I'm going up state to get them since there is little to no farm land other than our land and a few other farms in my town. And out land is very odd looking seeing as it's at a busy intersection haha but our house is up front and the rest is way in the back. Our driveway is often mistaken for a road.
The ducklings have already basically grown out their feathers so they're already living outside. It's about an hour drive so as soon as I get home I'm going to have to go just sweep through their space to get it ready for them and pick up some food. I'm keeping them as pets and potential layers. Definitely not meat; I get too attached to my animals haha. Our chickens are usually layers too.
I'll definitely have a lot of questions for later and also some pictures too! c:
I found this website when I was googling questions on ducks so that's how I showed up here haha.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us! And Happy Birthday!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom