Hello chicken fans.

GhettoRoo

Songster
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Hello to all chicken fans. So let`s start with that In last half year I`m totally in to these poultry chicken birds.
I dont really want to bore everyone with some large introduction with my self but there a story how i get into this is:
Start of my touch with these birds was when i saw two roosters in my parents coop, where older one was bully the new one who just had mature to rooster, in this time around the older one get sick or something and younger take advantage of it and start kick his ***.
So these was my first to warriors in coop.

(Both hybrids, New: Specledy hybrid.(1-2y old) Old: Guess some home hatched, from hybrids too. (around 3-5 years old)
I was just wanting to older one get well and seperate him some 2-3 weaks every noon and let back in evenings to sleep.
But outside my coop was free ranging neighbours chickens with rooster,

Pretty one, hybrid with bearfeather beard. Old too, around 4 years old.
And this one came to my coop side and my older one need to flee, he try to take one contact kick but after that run away.
So in one day i was let my younger one out to see how it plays out, mby kick him and he will not come to our side. So after 3 minutes fight my younger i think win, cuz neighbours one turn back and step away little bit.
So about my two after this.
When they both see each other older kind a dont try to mess with young and dont come down from roost if younger one was there, and was waiting the noons for me to let him out. But that end when i was not able 2 days to let him out and after those days i go in to coop and see the younger rooster badly hurt(one eye closed), older one siting in coop looking kind a unhealthy too, legs with blood, face biten. The younger actually die weak later, but I was realy trying to rehabilitate him. Older one dont move from roost 2-3 days dont eat, but get well.....
So, this actually was half year ago. (Dont know if I really need to tell this story, but mby it will be fun to some know how can somebody start with chicken caring..
Now I had this old rooster, call him a old veteran.
He's verry healthy now, actually gained 0.5 kg in last half year. from 2.7 kg - 3.2 kg
So in coop actually all birds are laying hybrids, such us popular brown battery hens, bovan nera, specledy and sussex star.
I had hatched few more, from neighbours rooster, hen eggs, had a pretty bearded chickens:
So all this rooster madness i was starting to search information in internet about my birds, and I saw that there are a lot of chicken breeds, and I was thinking what breeds do i have, looking for similar birds, like Black Rock, think I had these, and brown ones are from Rhode Island Reds and rooster was pretty similar in look from head, comb, wattles..-like wellsummer, rhode islands etc.. KGs to those breeds was 3.5-4.0 so I was thinking how heavy is my rooster, but he was only 2.7 in this time, that actually why I know his weight.. I was kind a shocked.
So, I wanted a pure breed rooster for me. Rhode Island Red or Kulang Asil, just wanted a strong one, that can kick asses.
So this is what played in that now I know a lot of breeds, how there are crossed etc, hatching,raising etc

So my first Breed chicken and pet is Vorwerk cockerel. Get him from one mini chicken zoo, where was 95% decorative birds. Then I first time saw all these pure breed chickens, and saw how big are they in live, Brahma, Marans etc. Was shocked. Hens was bigger than my hybrid home rooster. :D So they offered me a Vorwerk, as i know Vorwerks are 2.5-3.2 kgs in weight, so he was in my roosters weight class so I actually buy it.

So now he is my pet chicken and I try to raise hime as good as I can. He was hatched in 28. march and I get him 2.5 months old.
So there is his first 2 month growing progress. In 5 months he weighted 1.9 KGs

So there the latest photos from my half year old Vorwerk now.

Thanks for watching, I have a lot of questions, but those in another post. Just maded a lot of text there in last hour.
P.S, sorry for text/story quantity, and for unperfect eng language.
P.S.S, From Latvia.

Some random collage from last month:

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Nice introduction! Your roosters are quite handsome!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

You have some beautiful roosters!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wonderful intro! Love your birds. Just gorgeous!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You had a very thorough introduction with some great pics as well (and don't worry, I wasn't bored). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom