Hello Chicken People!

AmyMacK

In the Brooder
May 20, 2022
I've been relying on this excellent website for insights and information pertaining to my 13 girls. They are Rhode Island Reds, Bared Rocks, a couple of Easter Eggers, a few Orpingtons, and three Brahmas. In particular, my Brahmas are good, solid friends with our three Nigerian Goats.

We've had chickens for several years and have come across a number of behaviors, ailments, and conditions, some more puzzling than others. The longer that I have them, the more that I understand that so much of resolving issues is trial and error!

What I find most rewarding about raising chickens or any animals is observing how they interact with each other, and in turn, how I can best communicate with them.

I live in beautiful Western MA. I've been a school bus driver for several years, and of all the work that I've done, that has, much to my surprise, been the most rewarding. I am grandmother to one, soon to be two. A cyclist, writer, and photographer, but not all at one time.

I'm glad that I've officially joined; am looking forward to learning more!

Sounds like a lovely flock and that you are quite fortunate your Brahmas and Nigerians are friends. Some of my chickens like to scurry into the goat pen where the miniature goats will tolerate them, on a good day, but forcefully request that they leave more often than not.

I admire anyone who can safely transport children anywhere, and especially if she can ENJOY the experience!

Congratulations on deciding to join this community; you already know what a knowledgeable, friendly group it is.

Welcome to BYC; it's good to meet you, Amy!

Back
Top Bottom