Hello Chicken People

justafewchicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 31, 2011
I am absolutely new to live chickens in reality. In the perfect utopia of my imagination I have been living with chickens for a while. One is chickendog my lovable austrailan shepard mix, the other is DH but he won't let me call him chicken love anymore as he feels it is derogatory, I conceded after thinking about it. I am a soon to be the caregiver of actual real live chickens. I am being blessed with 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Australorps, and an Easter Egger. The maximum number I could reasonably purchase without marital discord. We live in the city and a smallish lot but luckily I'm legal. Getting the chickens to increase the mother/daughter bonding time as we have an eight year old girl who is spreading her own wings and loves all things living. It's a win win. Here is the dilemma in order to get these chicks I had to order a few extras, like five. Oh, and can't forget the roosters that are apparently going to be sent along for the ride and the warmth. I may be sending a distress call out to the urban chicken lovers at some point in the near future. I'm learning alot on this site and thank you all for your 2 cents worth.

Welcome to BYC! You will learn a lot here for sure. As for your current dilemma, you might find your region under "Where am I, where are you?" section and see if anyone wants some chicks. Other people sometimes place ads on Craigslist.

Have fun! Chickens are great.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom