Hello Chicken People

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by justafewchicks, Jan 31, 2011.

1. justafewchicks

justafewchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    I am absolutely new to live chickens in reality. In the perfect utopia of my imagination I have been living with chickens for a while. One is chickendog my lovable austrailan shepard mix, the other is DH but he won't let me call him chicken love anymore as he feels it is derogatory, I conceded after thinking about it. I am a soon to be the caregiver of actual real live chickens. I am being blessed with 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Australorps, and an Easter Egger. The maximum number I could reasonably purchase without marital discord. We live in the city and a smallish lot but luckily I'm legal. Getting the chickens to increase the mother/daughter bonding time as we have an eight year old girl who is spreading her own wings and loves all things living. It's a win win. Here is the dilemma in order to get these chicks I had to order a few extras, like five. Oh, and can't forget the roosters that are apparently going to be sent along for the ride and the warmth. I may be sending a distress call out to the urban chicken lovers at some point in the near future. I'm learning alot on this site and thank you all for your 2 cents worth.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Welcome to BYC! You will learn a lot here for sure. As for your current dilemma, you might find your region under "Where am I, where are you?" section and see if anyone wants some chicks. Other people sometimes place ads on Craigslist.

Have fun! Chickens are great.[​IMG]

3. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

4. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC. I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC were a great help. Feel free to visit my BYC Page for links to my blog that you may find informative or amusing.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  5. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Desert Rooster