Hello chickenistas

HennyPenny04

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
Hello chickenistas

My family is just getting started! We're planning our backyard coop & run build and then we'll get 4-6 hens. Still deciding on the breed but we're doing our research.

Our kids are excited to be involved and they'll take responsibility for certain daily tasks to help look after the girls. I work from home and am looking forward to taking coffee breaks in the garden with my new feathery friends:)

Hello chickenistas

My family is just getting started! We're planning our backyard coop & run build and then we'll get 4-6 hens. Still deciding on the breed but we're doing our research.

Our kids are excited to be involved and they'll take responsibility for certain daily tasks to help look after the girls. I work from home and am looking forward to taking coffee breaks in the garden with my new feathery friends:)
Welcome to BYC!!

Doing the research is so much fun! I've had chickens for years, but I still get excited when spring chicks start arriving at the local feed store. I have a printout of the arrival schedule and am already drooling over the possible "new" breeds I can add.

One piece of advice you will likely hear repeatedly is to build your coop for more chickens than you are planning to get. Chickens are quite addictive, and it's hard to resist their innate chick cuteness.

Welcome to BYC, and here's to many enjoyable coffee breaks in the garden!

Back
Top Bottom