Hello everybody!

Lectrify67

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2020
Hi everyone. I am a 53 year old. Raised on a farm and now medically retired, I decided to start raising Pekin Ducks 2 years ago last March. I/We started with 2 Pekins March if 2018 and they started laying that October. We added 2 more that succumbed to Avian Pasteurella Desease, presumably effected from the breeder or the seller. Unfortunately, due to my own ignorance of raising Pekin Ducks or any ducks for that matter, I failed to recognize these symptoms until it was too late. After a good deep cleaning if all of my equipment and the area I kept these ducklings, I purchased 2 more from a different seller and I have 2 of the healthiest ducks I have ever seen! I have the information of this breeder and will be ordering more directly from the seller this spring to include a Drake.
Now, I have 4 laying hens but 1 of my original Ducks is laying soft eggs now and she would normally lay very long “football” or “torpedo” shaped eggs.

Hi everyone. I am a 53 year old. Raised on a farm and now medically retired, I decided to start raising Pekin Ducks 2 years ago last March. I/We started with 2 Pekins March if 2018 and they started laying that October. We added 2 more that succumbed to Avian Pasteurella Desease, presumably effected from the breeder or the seller. Unfortunately, due to my own ignorance of raising Pekin Ducks or any ducks for that matter, I failed to recognize these symptoms until it was too late. After a good deep cleaning if all of my equipment and the area I kept these ducklings, I purchased 2 more from a different seller and I have 2 of the healthiest ducks I have ever seen! I have the information of this breeder and will be ordering more directly from the seller this spring to include a Drake.
Now, I have 4 laying hens but 1 of my original Ducks is laying soft eggs now and she would normally lay very long “football” or “torpedo” shaped eggs.

Hello and welcome to BYC.

I am very sorry for your losses. And if you recognise any syntoms of these things, Please make a post for help and I'm sure you will get a solution.

Back
Top Bottom