Hello everybody!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ColleenB, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ColleenB

ColleenB New Egg

Oct 8, 2010
    North Dakota
    Hi. My name is Colleen and I am new to BYC. I am excited to be a part of this site and to learn as much as possible about chickens! I am new to the "farm wife" thing as I am a city girl and am still learning the ropes. I have learned much about cows, horses, tractors, combines, gardening, "outside" dogs, barn cats, chickens and farming in general. This is my first time being a stay at home mom and the first time I have not had a "real job" (I do not mean to be offensive with that term because I do believe being a stay at home mom is the best "real job" anyone could ever have) since I was 13. The chickens are my responsibility and I have never dealt with chickens before. We got them at easter time. We started off with 24 chickens and 4 ducks and are now down to 18 chickens and 4 ducks. Our chickens just started laying eggs on the 1st of October and I am extrememly excited!! I also have lots of questions to ask about chickens!

I am also excited to get to know and become friends with some of you on here!! Hope to get to know you and hopefully I will someday be able to answer someone elses questions in the future!!

Here's to good times to come!!

Colleen

2. GoldenCometLover

GoldenCometLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    Freeville, NY
    Hi ColleenB and [​IMG] from CNY [​IMG]

3. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

4. sandracollins

sandracollins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    dublin ireland
    Hi Colleen with a name like that there must be some Irish blood in you so hello from Ireland

5. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Hi Colleen. I'm a newbie to chickens too, so we can learn together! There is a wealth of information here...just about every topic you can think of. Hope to see you around!! [​IMG]

6. ColleenB

ColleenB New Egg

Oct 8, 2010
    North Dakota
    Sandra, yes I do have Irish in me. I have the blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin and stubborn temper to prove it. lol. and to rockin red I look forward to learning new things about chickens with you!! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Welcome from Oregon!

9. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in Ocala, FL