Hello everybody!

pheasantman

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 4, 2014
This is pheasantman, from Colorado. I have raised chickens and pheasants for a lot of years. Presently I have several white silkies, recently bought a pair of self blue d'anvers chickens. I also have brown eared pheasants, tragopan pheasants and swinhoe pheasants, as well as a bunch of ringneck doves. I have come across this site in my web searches, decided it was time to finally join!!!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, sounds like you have some lovely birds! I think you will fit right in here on BYC.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Nice to have you join us. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Oh, and especially feel free to share any pictures you might have! I'd like to see some of those pheasants.

Thank you!! I will post a few pics tonight after work. The pheasants are gorgeous, but really, all birds are. I am part native american, so I was raised to appreciate all living things and nature.

Thank you!! I will post a few pics tonight after work. The pheasants are gorgeous, but really, all birds are. I am part native american, so I was raised to appreciate all living things and nature.

You're absolutely right about all birds being beautiful. I grew up appreciating wild song birds...it's been a very natural progression to become fascinated with chickens and other poultry. Having a backyard flock is like having your own personal aviary.

Looking forward to those pictures and hope you have a good day!

Pheasants are gorgeous birds! I have always wanted to keep Ringnecks. Or how about those Golden Pheasants. Stunning!! I keep bobwhites as well as chickens and have been letting the bobs population die down so I could use the aviaries for pheasants. Not sure if I will do this, but it is always on possibilities list! :)

Pheasants are gorgeous birds! I have always wanted to keep Ringnecks. Or how about those Golden Pheasants. Stunning!! I keep bobwhites as well as chickens and have been letting the bobs population die down so I could use the aviaries for pheasants. Not sure if I will do this, but it is always on possibilities list! :)

TwoCrows...I've come to the conclusion that all of us have a "list" of some sort. Like what do I need to build next, what type of chickens do I want next, should I try incubating, do I want to expand into another type of poultry, etc., etc., etc., lol.

wow!! and I thought I was the only one who made a list of what birds I would love to get next!!! aww, if money and time were not issues!! Talking about a personal aviary feeling, I set up one of those swinging seats things to sit and watch my birds while I have my morning coffee, great relaxation, helps ease the stresses away. watching the chickens peck around my feet is amazing.

LOL....oh I have a huge list of things and birds I would love to keep. Not enough money or years left in my life to do them all!!! Ha!

Yes, nothing better than Chicken TV. Really soothes the savage beast in all of us.

Enjoy your flock!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom