Hello everyone and thanks for welcoming me to the community!

Buffy The Orpington

In the Brooder
Jan 22, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first got into chickens back in July of last year. My friend and her family decided to take in a oegb and I was absolutely terrified of it. I was always scared of things that could fly but I got over that fear when I finally decided to hold her. I fell in love with it and that's what sparked my interested in chickens and made me want to get a flock of my own!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

As of right now I have 10 chickens and 5 chicks. I started out with only 5 but someone had unwanted chickens and I decided to take them in and they're doing just fine with mine. There's just so many breeds and it don't take long to fall down that hole.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have two Jersey Giants, one Mille Fleur Duccle, seven Cochins, one Buff Orpington, one Cuckoo Maran, one Rhode Island Red and two that I'm not sure of. Cochins are my personal favorite.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I like how friendly chickens can be and how they can become part of the family pretty fast. And of course I enjoy the delicious eggs that they produce on a regular basis.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I've known about BYC since September of last year but only now I have decided to join the community. I finally joined in because I've been on here learning more and more about chickens and I thought it was about time for me to have my own account.

Hello and welcome to BYC. This site is a great resource in terms of articles and members, so please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Here are some pictures of my model chicky.

Attachments

• 20181211_230125.jpg
    20181211_230125.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20181211_224523.jpg
    20181211_224523.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20181211_224532.jpg
    20181211_224532.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom