Hello everyone at BYC

alexpb22

Chirping
Nov 18, 2018
Hey Everybody,

I thought I would introduce myself. It's great though having a community of people to be able to share experiences with and enjoy keeping chickens together.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes very new, I've only had chickens for a few months now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Just five

(3) What breeds do you have?

Five Buff Orpingtons, three black and two red

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I have a large run area that I have enclosed off for them which to be honest could house a lot more chickens. I love having them and they provide me with a lot of joy on a daily basis. They are real characters and bring so much life to the time I spend outside.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, walking the dog, gaming, climbing, kayaking

(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found you through googling chicken forums. I have know about you a little while but decided to join because it will prove a valuable tool in keeping chickens. I also have a specific issue that I wanted advice regarding. This is posted in a different section.

Hi and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

BYC Welcome 9.png

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom