hello everyone, happy to be part of the BYC family. :)

nmmrc1983

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Hello everyone,
My name is Megan,from Albuquerque. i raised a chicken as a child, but this is my 1st time as an adult. :) I am now the proud mama of 2 rhode island reds, and 2 blue wyandotts (about 2 weeks old) from my local feed store. I couldn't resist. haha :) ( chicky, baby, little fatty,and jelly bean- i had my 2 neices help me name them.) I also have 2 cats, and a "new" 6th month old son named Logan. I did some research on this site before i finally took the dive, haha. Everyone on here was sooo positive,and helpfull that i just had to get my own flock and join the club. haha :) I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Greetings from Kansas, Megan, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Good luck to you and your chicks!

Found out today that one of my RIRs (Baby) is really a Buff Orpington. Thanks to all the photos I found here on BYC!!
highfive.gif
I thought she might not have been a RIR when the folks at our local feed store sold her to me as a one. (1st she wasn't a redhead but that lovely yellow blonde chicky color.- as if they are not all a lovely chicky color, right.haha) ooo and I found 2 Ameracans- Twinki and Bo (I think they might be EE though.) That brings my grand total to 6 new babies!! (well new teenagers now, almost 5 weeks old.)
cool.png
and I am almost done with their new coop/run.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom