Hello everyone! I am a new member.

lostmarble

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Hi all, my name is Robert (lostmarble) and I always find myself on this site when searching for information so I figured I might as well join and become a member as there are many, much more knowledgable people here that could most likely help me answer my questions.
Ill tell a little about myself. First off I'm an animal lover and a ovatarian so raising chickens seemed like win/win decision, and it has been. Raising chickens has become one of my favorite hobbies and is a very big part of my life now. They are great entertainment and stress relievers.
I currently have 10 full size breed chicken and 15 bantam on the way. What I have in full size is, 2 barred rock, 2 buff Orpington, 2 New Hampshire reds, 2 Rhode Island reds, and 2 ameraucana. They are all pullets except for one ameraucana is a cockerel, and one of the barred rocks is a cockerel. Before I got these I had 2 bantams that are no longer with me due to a dog that got into my yard:(. I have my own dog but he is very protective of the chickens, sadly he wasn't around during the incident. One of the bantams I lost, named Tyson, was the sweetest most adorable little silver duckwing old English game bantam and he was a part of the family. He would come inside anytime he wished and have a nap on the lap of my girlfriend or myself. He is the reason I fell in love with chickens. I am planning on getting at least a dozen more full size breeds. The bantam breeds I have one the way are of course 5 more silver oeg bantams, 5 Wheaton oeg, and 5 golden phoenix bantams. They are scheduled to arrive may 8th I am soooooo super excited to get them. I will be sure to post pictures throughout their maturing so hopefully some of you can help me learn their sex, as they are a straight run batch. I'm hoping for one rooster of each breed. From what I've witnessed bantam roosters do well together with multiple roosters in the same flock so ill keep my fingers crossed, but ill do whatever needs to be done to make sure all my birds are healthy and happy, and not over bred. Sorry if I'm rambling on and making grammar errors. I am half asleep and currently on medication that makes me a little loopy. Anyways, I hope to hear from some of you!

welcome-byc.gif
we seem to have a lot in common I am a little loopy even without medication and looking for my lost marbles too.

Greetings from Kansas, Robert, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Had never heard the term ovatarian until just now. Interesting. I'm always learning something new on BYC! Good luck to you and your flock!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Sorry you lost your bantams :( that part never gets any easier

Hoping your new bantam chicks arrive happy and healthy. Good luck to you

Back
Top Bottom