Hello everyone. I am new to BYC.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I will get some pictures up as soon as she starts to venture out of her coup. She is very protective. As soon as I get six feet from her, she takes her chicks into a corner and hides them.

Hello everyone I am a newbie to BYC. I really wanted to share with the world of our surprise newcomers! We thought a fox got one of our two of our Australorp hens. Nope! She turned up today with a brood of 13 chicks! We can't find her nesting spot so we don't know out of how eggs. We soooo thrilled she is alive and completely surprised by the new additions.
I think that is so awesome!! Welcome to BYC!

Hi i'm a NOOB on here too anyways i'm so happy that you found her and it must be awesome with her coming back with new chicks.Here's a tip its pretty gross but you NEED to do it.When there like dried up stuff in there privates and bottom be sure to pull it out again its SOOO GROSS but they could die if you dont.Hoped this helped oh and if anyone asks redstarfather is my brother.Here's a pic of our girls.one is out of the pic.

Finally got some pictures of the chicks! Still a bit blurry. Momma hen was not cooperating. Haha. Gotta love that turkey butt.

P.S. The hen in the background also has 2 chicks and the two hens normally get along.

Back
Top Bottom