Hello everyone!! Im new to group and new to incubating!!!

Cdehaven

Hatching
Mar 13, 2023
Hello fellow chicken lovers!!
I'm new to the group and new to incubating eggs. Of recent, I tried incubating and had some success! Please see photos!! I had one youngster hatch on day 21, another on day 22, and now a 3rd is hatching on day 24. The day 24 one has popped and is chirping. I had others that were live on day 18 though do not appear live now. My humidity dropped of recent during the night into the 40s. Also, I removed the newly hatched day 21 and day 22 chicks because they were raising a ruckus in the incubator and were knocking eggs all over
I feel sad that I lost some at this late stage. I read and read about how to incubate correctly prior to trying. I feel fortunate to have the few that I have. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Carol

Attachments

• 20230313_105800.jpg
    20230313_105800.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230313_105722.jpg
    20230313_105722.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 1
:welcome Have you checked the accuracy of your thermometer and humidity sensor?
I believe it is accurate. I bought an ink bird thermostat and humidity sensor as the one on my Little Giant incubator was not accurate at all. The only thing I can think of is that the chicks that perished were closer to the heating unit. It is a circulated air unit, however. The humidity dropped one night into the 40s, of recent. The chicks were alive on day 18 (lockdown day). I tried to be so careful about the humidity and temp. I didn't place the temp probe under the heater, but off to side. I think I will not put any near the heater the next time. I'm going to start some Americana eggs in the next couple of days. I will also get a couple of thermometers and humidity sensors to place in the unit too

Back
Top Bottom