Hello everyone, there has been a weasel in my yard and all of my chickens are at risk. HELP!!!

EggDropper

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2021
Because of the weasel all of my chickens are at risk. The weird thing is, the weasel came out in midday. I have 7 full grown/adult chickens and 4 pullets that are 2 months/8 weeks - fully feathered, also we have been letting them out all together like usual they are also still in a metal cage in the coop because the older chickens still like to pick on them. I know the basic things to do, like set a trap to catch it, shoot it, and watch the chickens to make sure that it is not around. But do you guys have any suggestions? If so please tell me what to do, how to catch/kill it, and what do i do about the chickens?

Because of the weasel all of my chickens are at risk. The weird thing is, the weasel came out in midday. I have 7 full grown/adult chickens and 4 pullets that are 2 months/8 weeks - fully feathered, also we have been letting them out all together like usual they are also still in a metal cage in the coop because the older chickens still like to pick on them. I know the basic things to do, like set a trap to catch it, shoot it, and watch the chickens to make sure that it is not around. But do you guys have any suggestions? If so please tell me what to do, how to catch/kill it, and what do i do about the chickens?
I have trapped squirrels in the past. I used a tube trap to catch them. I do not know if it would catch a weasel. The tube trap did catch rats occasionally.
Make sure the chickens are kept out of reach of it during the night and when you cannot see them.

Back
Top Bottom