Hello everyone!

AimToMisbehave

Songster
Jul 13, 2015
Snohomish, WA
I'm in Snohomish, Washington and I've just recently gotten myself a little flock of Indian Runners! A friend of mine with a big ol' mix back of quackers referred me to this site and I'll admit to being totally hooked! Everyone here is so nice and supportive all the time, it's a wonderful resource and gathering place of like-minded folks
love.gif

Here's my first batch of babies, hatched July 4th of 2015. The black ones wound up being my only drakes; the chubby one is Zuko (he's an absolute glutton, and we suspect he might not be a full-time runner), the other is Azula (who is thoroughly devoted to watching over his flock). As for my hens, the dark brown one in the back with the little hat spot is Gwaine (she's the sassy one, she likes to try to mean-mug my cattledog), the medium brown one up front is Banshee (she was a screamer when we first brought her home), the light brown one in the back is Mirage (she's usually shy, but she's the queen of the pond), the darker blue one is Wednesday (she has the sweetest, most gentle disposition), and the lighter blue with the bib is Weyoun (she's the bold one, always the first to try something new).

Wednesday showing off

Everyone's teenage feathers juuuust before the boy's drake curls popped up

They... might be a little spoiled
hide.gif
They're so used to me throwing them handfuls of koi pellets, they sort of follow me around...

These are the new babies, born October 12th of 2015. I ordered these ones sexed from a professional hatchery (the first group came from a backyard hatcher a couple towns over, and the lady didn't know how to vent sex) so I'd be sure they're all girls, just to round out my flock numbers. The blue one is Zoe (she's never been as steady on her feet as her sisters, but she took to swimming like, well... a duck to water
lol.png
), the twins are Ezri (she's got a slightly more dramatic face pattern, and although she was the first to discover the joys of sticking her face underwater, she was the last to figure out waterproofing) and Impa (she lives up to the runner name, for sure! I've never known a zippier duck!)

Since they're Autumn babies, all of their bath times have had to be inside.

They're almost into their teenager feathers! Today was their first trip outside to meet the bigguns, which was all very exciting, so now they're tuckered out and napping in the brooder.

I'm in Snohomish, Washington and I've just recently gotten myself a little flock of Indian Runners! A friend of mine with a big ol' mix back of quackers referred me to this site and I'll admit to being totally hooked! Everyone here is so nice and supportive all the time, it's a wonderful resource and gathering place of like-minded folks :love . Here's my first batch of babies, hatched July 4th of 2015. The black ones wound up being my only drakes; the chubby one is Zuko (he's an absolute glutton, and we suspect he might not be a full-time runner), the other is Azula (who is thoroughly devoted to watching over his flock). As for my hens, the dark brown one in the back with the little hat spot is Gwaine (she's the sassy one, she likes to try to mean-mug my cattledog), the medium brown one up front is Banshee (she was a screamer when we first brought her home), the light brown one in the back is Mirage (she's usually shy, but she's the queen of the pond), the darker blue one is Wednesday (she has the sweetest, most gentle disposition), and the lighter blue with the bib is Weyoun (she's the bold one, always the first to try something new). Wednesday showing off Everyone's teenage feathers juuuust before the boy's drake curls popped up They... might be a little spoiled :oops: They're so used to me throwing them handfuls of koi pellets, they sort of follow me around... These are the new babies, born October 12th of 2015. I ordered these ones sexed from a professional hatchery (the first group came from a backyard hatcher a couple towns over, and the lady didn't know how to vent sex) so I'd be sure they're all girls, just to round out my flock numbers. The blue one is Zoe (she's never been as steady on her feet as her sisters, but she took to swimming like, well... a duck to water :lol: ), the twins are Ezri (she's got a slightly more dramatic face pattern, and although she was the first to discover the joys of sticking her face underwater, she was the last to figure out waterproofing) and Impa (she lives up to the runner name, for sure! I've never known a zippier duck!) Since they're Autumn babies, all of their bath times have had to be inside. They're almost into their teenager feathers! Today was their first trip outside to meet the bigguns, which was all very exciting, so now they're tuckered out and napping in the brooder.
Welcome to BYC !! You certainly have a beautiful little flock of lucky ducks.

Welcome to BYC! I see you have been around for a little bit. :)

What a great flock of ducks. I love how Runner Ducks stand, it cracks me up. (I used to own a few).

Have you checked out the Duck Section of BYC? You might want to poke around in it a bit.

Welcome to BYC! I see you have been around for a little bit. :)

What a great flock of ducks. I love how Runner Ducks stand, it cracks me up. (I used to own a few).

Have you checked out the Duck Section of BYC? You might want to poke around in it a bit.
Thank you! Yes, I've been poking all through the Duck forums ever since I picked up my first batch of babies, but I completely spaced doing an intro post! A friend of mine referred me just for the ULTIMATE treats thread, and I've been hooked ever since.

lol.png
, I had the same problem. In fact, I just made my Introduction Thread just a few minutes ago (For the Million Thread Contest).

I haven't heard of the Ultimate Treats Thread. Do you have a link?
Aha, same here! How funny!

The Ultimate Treat thread is here and it's a WONDERFUL resource! Especially if you have a somewhat flighty breed that needs to be socialized with treats
big_smile.png

I don't know much about ducks but, have watched wild ones for years - I think they are even more fun to watch than chickens. Don't tell anyone I said that. I love the runner duck look myself. Before BYC I never knew ducks could look like that. Welcome to BYC, really enjoyed your photos.

Back
Top Bottom