Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mirajane, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Mirajane

Mirajane Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    Hi Everyone, My name is Mirajane, but everyone calls me Mira. I have some eggs in my incubator due on the 1st of January. I saw this site and thought I would try it out. I love my chickens and I love baby chicks. I hope you all can help me through my journey with chickens!

I have always wanted to be a vetrinarian, and have been studying with a vetrinarian as my tutor since I was 8. The topics I have mastered in veterinary with all small and large animals are skeletal structure, veining, feces examination, irregular habit, open wounds, and dietary problems. I hope I can be of as much use to all of you as you are to me! Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Mira

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your incubation :fl I too love incubating and hatching, it's such a wonderful experience when you see the new chick emerge from the egg. Have you check out hatching eggs 101? It's a fab article and my babe when it comes to it. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101
    I'm sure you will find it a great read.
    Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC Mira, it's a pleasure to meet you. Always a need for good veterinarians. I hope you will give us an update when your hatch is completed.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Mira. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Please be careful about listing your personal information on any site, especially since you are a minor. You have provided us with your name, age, and state of residence. For your safety, please be careful not to offer others online anymore of your personal information. I work with kids and adolescents on a regular basis and I am all too familiar with too many horror stories that resulted from students sharing too much personal information online.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Mirajane

Mirajane Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    Thank you everyone!

8. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Mira, [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here. Good luck with all your plans!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by