Hello Everyone!!

lol I love when animals have people names. We also have 2 aquariums and I have a Kevin and Phillip
lau.gif
and one of my hens is named Hennifer Lopez
hmm.png

Oh I love the Hennifer Lopez!! I'm all abt people names for animals. For some reason it just makes me laugh. That's great!! We do have Sea Monkey & have had numerous other animals but right now we're animal free (excluding the sea monkeys) & I feel like it's a prime opportunity to do some chicks.

makes me laugh as well. I def. need animal life in my house or it feels weird to me. If the chicks could come inside I would let them, lol. Although Hennifer has made a few mad dashes into the house in the summer when the door was open. She's VERY social and loves to be wherever we are. I loved when the the "babies" as I still call them were small and we had them in the house. Between the dog, cat, fish and 3 babies it was def. a house full!!

i miss our dog & so do my boys but he was such a good dog & I had to make the tough decision to have him euthanized. He was 6 yrs old & had cancer. I have a hard time thinking abt making that decision again. So for now, we are pet free. I will try to not think of the chickens as pets....

awww I'm sorry about your pup. I had the same issue 2 years ago. My dog of 7 yrs got cancer and the day we had decided to have her euthanized she passed away on her own. I still can't look at her picture or hear her name without tears. I thought the chickens being outside I wouldn't really bond with, however that is far from what happened lol. I call them and they come running or if they see me outside or in the window they start making noise. My heart already melts for them
love.gif

I have yet to decide what breed I am looking for. I'm thinking Buff Orpingtons.. haven't made the decision finalized yet! If anyone has suggestions on a chicken that will be forgiving of my inexperience and a good egg layer, that'd be great. Super eggcited because I got the coop today so things are moving right along!!

Orpingtons are one of a number of breeds that are good layers and have a well deserved reputation for being calm and gentle (good lap pets). Of course there can always be an exception with any breed. Other good laying breeds that have the same calm and gentle reputation include Australorps, Faverolles, Sussex, and Brahmas. If high egg production is a high priority, Australorps are the best layers on this list. Whatever breeds you decide to get, good luck with your flock. :eek:)

Orpingtons are one of a number of breeds that are good layers and have a well deserved reputation for being calm and gentle (good lap pets). Of course there can always be an exception with any breed. Other good laying breeds that have the same calm and gentle reputation include Australorps, Faverolles, Sussex, and Brahmas. If high egg production is a high priority, Australorps are the best layers on this list. Whatever breeds you decide to get, good luck with your flock. :eek:)

Thank you very much!! I will keep my eyes open for Australorps!

Back
Top Bottom