Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StylistSusan, Jun 30, 2016.

1. StylistSusan

StylistSusan New Egg

Jun 30, 2016
    Hi, my name is Susan.I let my husband know I wanted chickens this past january. After much resistance and a lot of back and forth, I have a flock of 13 hens that are currently 11 weeks old. I researched everything chicken so much that I drove my poor DH bonkers!
    I found so much great information in BYC, that I thought i would join the commuity and share our chicken experiences.
    I still have so much to learn, and I have made some mistakes along the way already, but I look forward to learning more.
    Thanks for reading, and thank you all for sharing your experiences!
    ~Susan
    * edited to add:
    I forgot to say that I have 3 each of Buff orpington,Australorp, silver laced Wyandottes, red sex link and one Americauna chicken (She was the only chick left when I picked mine of from Agway, I just couldnt leave her behind!)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Susan. Now it is time to tell your husband he needs to build a coop and run for your young flock. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

3. StylistSusan

StylistSusan New Egg

Jun 30, 2016
    We made a mobile chicken coop with an attached run. I'm very proud of it! I'd love to add some pictures to the coop page, but I havnt been able to yet.[​IMG]

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG] That is such a nice coop! You mentioned it was mobile-- how do you move it? (I can't really see the bottom of the coop)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Hi, and welcome to BYC. Sounds like you have a very nice flock and your DH built a nice coop and run. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by