Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mc79, Jul 30, 2016.

1. mc79

mc79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2016
    Clarksville, TN
    Hello! I am brand new to raising chickens, but loving the experience already. I have six chicks in a brooder right now (4 Rhode Island Reds, 1 White Leghorn, and 1 Silver-Laced Wyandotte). The Reds are a couple of weeks older than the Leghorn and Wyandotte, and will be going out to the coop soon. Sorry about the picture quality...the red heat lamp made everything look red.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife and I decided to start this "project" for egg production, but I can already see that I'm falling in love with these little gals. I can't believe how fast they grow. I love seeing all of their different personalities. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here, as well as viewing and sharing pictures. Thanks for having me!

Marcus

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, mc79, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! Fine looking brood. If you're just starting out you might consider stopping by the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. It will be able to address most questions you might have. Best of luck to you!

3. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Welcome to BYC! It's really nice that the different aged chicks seem to be getting along so well! Good job!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    very cute chicks, Welcome to Backyard chicken

5. mc79

mc79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2016
    Clarksville, TN
    Not only do they all get along great, the older ones seem to "mentor" the younger ones. I see them cuddling together all the time!

6. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! They are so cute! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by