Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CaptainMama, Aug 30, 2016.

1. CaptainMama

CaptainMama New Egg

Aug 30, 2016
    Stockton, MO
    Hey there, my name is Taryn. I just moved to southern Missouri from the upper peninsula of Michigan. Big change! I'm getting my first chickens this weekend after discovering that the previous owners of our new house left a very nice chicken coop. I've always wanted chickens so I'm very excited.
    My husband and I have a 2 year old son (he calls me Captain mama, hence the nickname) and we are expecting #2 in February. We find out the gender in a few weeks :) We are hoping for another boy but I wouldn't mind having another girl on my side either ;)
    I'm sure I will have a lot of questions as this is my first time owning chickens so you'll be seeing me around. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Taryn, and :welcome. Happy you joined our community. So cool that you had a coop waiting for you ready to be filled up with chickens. BYC is here to help you with any questions you have along the way. A good place for you to visit might be the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    It will get you off to a great start. Best of luck to you! :)

3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi Taryn, welcome to BYC! If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask. Good luck and thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Taryn

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you and your family to be getting your chicken adventures under way this weekend :clap What breed/s are you starting out with? Wishing you the very best of luck for the future with your new birds and baby #2!! Having one baby was enough of an experience for me and his Dad so we stuck to just the one. Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Taryn and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Houses that come with chicken coops are just the best!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Taryn, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by