Hello everyone!

TheAngryEagleKiwi

Songster
5 Years
Jun 12, 2017
Hello, you wonderful people and welcome to my first thread!
jumpy-gif.553873
Feel free to talk to me and ask me questions, I usually won't bite.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My family have owned chicken for about 3 years now. (I've moved out into an apartment recently, so it's mostly my parents that takes care of them now. I wish I could've brought some chickens with me.)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
At the moment we got 17 chickens. That number might change soon, as we're going to sell off/trade away some of them.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Let's see...We got 3 Araucanas (chicks), 1 Australorp (cockerel), 1 Polish (cockerel), 2 unknown mixes (hen and unknown), 1 Maran/Isbar mix (hen), 5 bantam Cochins (Roosters), 3 dark Cornish (chicks) and 1 Houdan (chick).
All of them have names, just not sure how to add that in, without making it look messy...
Also, the cochin roosters are separated in a pen of their own, so don't worry about the hens being harassed by all of them, haha

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Stumbled upon it while searching for random breeds and info.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to draw, go for walks, reptiles, reading/watching documenturies about prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs and hang out with friends.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
-English isn't my native language, so feel free to correct me if I make any grammatical mistakes.
-I got a dog named Willow (She's a poodle/chinese crested mix)

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Your dog must be a sight to see, any photos?
If your dog is good with chickens, maybe you could have one small bantam as a house chicken. Check out "people with house chickens."

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Don't worry, nobody cares if your English isn't perfect (but it seems pretty darn close) - I'm not sure that even those claiming English as their mother tongue are that great :)

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Your dog must be a sight to see, any photos?
If your dog is good with chickens, maybe you could have one small bantam as a house chicken. Check out "people with house chickens."
Thank you!
She really is and I personally think she's the cutest little dog ever:
IMG_7107.JPG (Sorry for the low quality of the photo)
Yes and no...She's usually good with chickens, but I'm not sure I would trust her enough to leave her alone with one...
A house chicken would be neat, but unfortunately I'm not sure it's legal here where I live...Although, I am considering to later ask the landlord if I could keep a few chickens in the yard.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Don't worry, nobody cares if your English isn't perfect (but it seems pretty darn close) - I'm not sure that even those claiming English as their mother tongue are that great :)
Thank you and I'm glad I finally took the step from lurking to becoming a member
biggrin-gif.554949

I guess, I just prefer to let people know, incase I mess up a sentence or word which could've been confusing otherwise. Thank you, feels good to hear that I have good english, haha

Back
Top Bottom