Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by XIIIHens, Apr 24, 2018.

1. XIIIHens

XIIIHens In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2018
    Salt Lake City
    Hello! My name is Audrey and I live in the Salt Lake Valley.
    This month marks the third anniversary of adding backyard chickens to my life. I still have all five members of my original flock and they are all happy, healthy, going strong and giving me more eggs a week than I know what to do with.
    Over the course of those three years I have added to those first five (because chicken math) and I now have 9 full grown ladies and two chicks in the broder along with two ducklings (because chickens are a gateway drug). I have a very mixed group with Barred Plymouth Rocks, , Orpington, Ameraucanas, Sumatra, Welsummer, Australorp, Oliver Egger and now a Silkie and Sultan. My daily egg basket is a rainbow!
    I ended up having chickens on a total whim. I didn't really know what I was getting into or where it would lead, but I have to admit that it was one of the best whims I've ever acted on.
    I love my flock. I love that just by watching them do their chicken thing of scratching and pecking around in the yard makes me ridiculously happy. I love that because of chickens I have been encouraged to spend a lot of time outside improving my yard, being creative and building better coops and better enclosures, doing all kinds of things I didn't think I could do or was even interested in. Chickens have taught me a lot about me.
    I have been lurking around the Backyard Chickens website ever since I came home with my first chicks. I have gotten so much information and advice from all your posts. Thank you!
    I decided that I should go ahead and become an oficial memeber now that I know a bit about these birds in the hopes that I can help someone as much as you've all helped me.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. Chicks 'n ducks

Chicks 'n ducks Songster

Jan 23, 2018
    Northern Colorado
    Welcome to BYC! make yourself at home! Your flock seems awesome :thumbsup

3. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie Billion $ Babies Premium Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Fl. Peninsula
    My Coop
  4. Littlebirdfarms

Littlebirdfarms Chirping

Apr 11, 2018
    AR
    Welcome to the flock.

5. 4 ever Orpington

4 ever Orpington Mr.& Mrs Orpington Premium Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Suches,Georgia
    :thumbsup :welcome

6. Hen Pen Jem

Hen Pen Jem Songster

Sep 19, 2017
    Southern California
    hen art.gif
    Greetings XIIIHens, Welcome to BYC! :frow

7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Reading. Must read more. Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    :welcome
    :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

007Sean, Joeschooks and Pork Pie Ken like this.
  8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello Audrey and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

007Sean and Joeschooks like this.
  9. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Free Ranging

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello Audrey, welcome to the flock!! You’ve definitely caught the bug :gig It’s great to have you here :thumbsup

drumstick diva and 007Sean like this.
  10. 007Sean

007Sean Crossing the Road Premium Member

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Audrey :frow Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Great to have you here with us. Enjoy BYC as much as we do! :)

drumstick diva likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by