Hello everyone!

Hi and welcome to BYC! I have some silkies too and have looked at calico silkies. They seem difficult to obtain that color. How will you breed yours to get that color?
Hi!

I have a splash rooster with red leakage, a partridge with AR red and what seems to be a mottled gene and a splash pullet that I will be using. I'm looking to add more pullets in the colors buff and splash!

The biggest challenges will be for them to breed true and have a nice deep red and even distribution of the red and blacks.

I have read some topics where they are crossing in mille fleur from other breeds, but that's to advanced for me :p

Edit: I also have two paint roosters with some gold leakage and some weird kind of beige, a paint pullet with gold leakage and a gray! But I won't be using those for my project :)

Hi!

I have a splash rooster with red leakage, a partridge with AR red and what seems to be a mottled gene and a splash pullet that I will be using. I'm looking to add more pullets in the colors buff and splash!

The biggest challenges will be for them to breed true and have a nice deep red and even distribution of the red and blacks.

I have read some topics where they are crossing in mille fleur from other breeds, but that's to advanced for me :p

Edit: I also have two paint roosters with some gold leakage and some weird kind of beige, a paint pullet with gold leakage and a gray! But I won't be using those for my project :)
That's amazing!!! Maybe farther down the road of silkie breeding I will try Calico. You put it very simple whereas everywhere else explains things so complicated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom