Hello everyone!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm new to BYC, but not to the chicken life. My family had a flock that started with my 3rd grade science project. The last of the flock died off when I was in 10th or 11th grade. I've had my own flock since September 2021.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12 hens and 1 Roo.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I'm not 100% sure what breeds I have. I got them from a friend's neighbor's flock. I'm open to any help to identify their breeds. I'm fairly certain that I have a couple of Americanas. And one I think is a Swedish Black, or possibly a Ayam Cemani, but the lady who sold me the chickens doesn't know how a Swedish Black nor Ayam Cemani would end up in her flock. But everything I've read about SB, lines up with my Midnight.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching my girls fall in love with our tiny backyard raptors. lol! Not to mention the countless time I've lost to just watching them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and learning what I can about homesteading and permaculture.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a SAHM to 3 girls and wife to a wonderful husband. We live in the PNW and homeschool.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC via a websearch on Swedish Blacks, trying to figure out what breed my all black hen is. After some looking around, decided it was the place to join for further information about my flock.
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom