Hello Everyone!

sokolovs

In the Brooder
May 7, 2022
Hello Everyone!

We hatched four little silkies this February, and thought I should join as there are never ending questions about these adorable little guys!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

-
We are totally new to chickens. This January my husband was reading the paper and saw a hatching at home program in Sacramento where we live. We decided it would be a great experience for the kiddos (we have 3) and they had Silkies which I wanted anyway. Plus, my middle child has always been obsessed with birds, so it was super exciting for him.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
-We currently have four little chickens, they are about 2 months old.

(3) What breeds do you have? -
We have a bearded silkie, a regular silkie, a satin and a showgirl silkie.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? - Their adorable little personalities, and hopefully eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - Cooking, and chasing around my kiddos.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - We have three kids, a cat, a bunch of fish, and now 4 chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D - I found BYC because I was looking for answers to so many questions about keeping chickens, bedding, housing, feeding, etc. Thought I should probably join, so I can be part of the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom