Hello everyone.

mordarlar

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2010
I had jumped right in and didn't see this introduction page until just now.
big_smile.png

Needless to say, i am already addicted. This is an incredible site.

I am the stay at home mother to four fantastic children. I have three daughters, ages 17, 13, and 11 and a son who is 2. My husband and i are trying to live a more simple, respectful life. We find that the slower we move and less we carry; the happier we and our children are.

Our family recently purchased some land in WV with the intent to try and live more sustainably. We currently rent near the land while we try and build it into something habitable.

We wanted to keep a few chickens where we are living so we got permission for a "couple of hens". Not wanting to press our luck with the landlord and raise up chicks inside we decided to go with some established layers. We found two RIR's for sale and brought them home. Being new to chicken contact, let alone care, we ended up with a sick bird. Long story short, now we have one. She is fat and sassy and has laid an egg every single day (one day we got two) for the past couple of weeks. We are in love.

We have finished building a small coop for use while we are living here. Clucker spends her days in a 3.5x7.5 ft movable tractor and moves onto new grass every day.

Over the next few weeks we are on the hunt for a couple more, healthy, hens.

We are happy to be here and have already learned a ton. Thank you for having us.
big_smile.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from PA! I'm so glad you've decided to get into "homesteading"! A chicken in every yard - that's my motto!
lol.png
Many more than one would be better - get some friends for your loney girl and good luck in all your endeavors!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom