Hello Everyone

superbrew

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Brighton, CO
I just joined BYC last night and I wanted to introduce myself to y'all.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am very new to chickens. The wife and I got our first girls March 18th of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
1 Rhode Island Red
1 Barred Rock
1 Americauna
1 Black Australorp (maybe)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
During my hours upon hours of research prior to getting my chickens I came across this site. Finally thought it was time to join.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a homebrewer of beer and cider. Hopefully in the next few months I'll try to make wine and see what happens.
I love fixing up my house and playing with my other pets,
During the summer if I have time I try to get out and do some camping too.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well my name is Steve, I'm married to my beautiful wife Melissa and despite living in a suburb of Denver, CO I have my own little farm in the city. We have 2 dogs (Aussie and German Sheperd mix), 1 ornate box turtle, fish, and the wife keeps a horse a few miles away at a barn.
I stated this earlier but I'm a homebrewer, just got into that this December and it's an awesome hobby. Plus the spent grain doesnt go to waste between all the critters at the house. I also raise mealworms, originally I started to farm them for my turtle but its turned into food for the chickens, feeding them to the birds in the area and bait for fishing too.
I am a 911 dispatcher for a a city about 15 miles away from my house and have been doing that for about 3 years now. The wife is a Veterinary Technician and has been doing that for about 3 years as well.
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed reading.
smile.png

Hi there, Steve!
frow.gif

I'm glad you decided to join us! I think you'll really like it, it's a great site.
smile.png
It is so cool you're a 911 dispatcher, I'm really interested in ems and fire, law enforcement, etc, so that's very cool. It's great your wife is a vet tech, too, it must be really great to have someone so familiar with animals and their ailments and such . . . and probably some access to free veterinarian advice! I don't know anything about home brewing, but it sounds interesting, too. You must be a pretty busy guy! Congratulations on getting your first chickens, they're really awesome. If you don't watch out you'll get really obsessed, though!!!
wee.gif

Anyways, it's good to have you here, I hope you have fun, and I'll see you around the message boards!!

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom