Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by superbrew, Apr 29, 2011.

1. superbrew

superbrew Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Brighton, CO
    I just joined BYC last night and I wanted to introduce myself to y'all.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am very new to chickens. The wife and I got our first girls March 18th of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    (3) What breeds do you have?
    1 Rhode Island Red
    1 Barred Rock
    1 Americauna
    1 Black Australorp (maybe)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    During my hours upon hours of research prior to getting my chickens I came across this site. Finally thought it was time to join.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I'm a homebrewer of beer and cider. Hopefully in the next few months I'll try to make wine and see what happens.
    I love fixing up my house and playing with my other pets,
    During the summer if I have time I try to get out and do some camping too.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well my name is Steve, I'm married to my beautiful wife Melissa and despite living in a suburb of Denver, CO I have my own little farm in the city. We have 2 dogs (Aussie and German Sheperd mix), 1 ornate box turtle, fish, and the wife keeps a horse a few miles away at a barn.
    I stated this earlier but I'm a homebrewer, just got into that this December and it's an awesome hobby. Plus the spent grain doesnt go to waste between all the critters at the house. I also raise mealworms, originally I started to farm them for my turtle but its turned into food for the chickens, feeding them to the birds in the area and bait for fishing too.
    I am a 911 dispatcher for a a city about 15 miles away from my house and have been doing that for about 3 years now. The wife is a Veterinary Technician and has been doing that for about 3 years as well.
    Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed reading. [​IMG]

2. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there, Steve! [​IMG]

I'm glad you decided to join us! I think you'll really like it, it's a great site. [​IMG] It is so cool you're a 911 dispatcher, I'm really interested in ems and fire, law enforcement, etc, so that's very cool. It's great your wife is a vet tech, too, it must be really great to have someone so familiar with animals and their ailments and such . . . and probably some access to free veterinarian advice! I don't know anything about home brewing, but it sounds interesting, too. You must be a pretty busy guy! Congratulations on getting your first chickens, they're really awesome. If you don't watch out you'll get really obsessed, though!!! [​IMG]

Anyways, it's good to have you here, I hope you have fun, and I'll see you around the message boards!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Hi and [​IMG] . Congrats on the new chickies!

4. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Steve [​IMG] from Illinois [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us.

7. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

8. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
  9. notenoughtodo

notenoughtodo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Chocowinity,NC
    Welcome Steve! We're new also and found this site very helpful and full of good info.

10. mlward

mlward Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2010
    Tuscarora, NY
    Hello and welcome from NY! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by